Have you ever had pizza bianca aka white pizza?! If you haven’t it is just pizza with no red sauce, so basically it’s a pizza filled with cheese. This pizza was so delicious and I think it is so fun for summer. Even though this is a very creamy, cheesy pasta because it is vegan it won’t leave you feeling heavy and weighed down.
This is not a hard pizza but there are a few steps so it can be time consuming. However, in my opinion it is well worth it. This pizza can be made nut free depending on what type of plant milk you use. You can also make it soy free by using almond ricotta instead of tofu ricotta.
1 cup zucchini (about 1 regular sized zucchini)
1/3 cup cashews
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup plain plant milk
2 tbsp flour (only if needed to thicken)
1/3 block extra firm tofu
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup plain plant milk
16 oz pizza dough
Flour for surface
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped fresh spinach or 1 package of thawed and drained frozen spinach
1 cup vegan mozzarella (daiya or follow your heart)
1/2 cup vegan parmesan (follow your heart)
Black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt, extra vegan parm for topping
- Preheat oven to 450F or 230C. Chop and peel zucchini.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add in zucchini and cashews. Boil for 10-15 minutes to soften. Once they are softened, strain.
- In a high speed blender add all ingredients for white sauce except flour. Blend until smooth and if it is too thin add in the flour to thicken. You can also use cornstarch if you are gluten free. Pour out and set aside.
- Then in your cleaned out blender add all the ingredients for tofu ricotta. Pulse until it resembles a crumbly ricotta texture. You do not want this to be smooth.
- Take pizza dough and begin to roll out. If using store bought let it sit on the counter for about an hour before using. Once it is rolled out to the thickness you like take a pan and cover with oil. Place dough and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes. Just to get the pizza dough starting to cook.
- Take the pizza out and add on your sauce. Then add spinach, extra sauce on top if you have any, vegan mozzarella, vegan ricotta dollops and vegan parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Until the crust is golden and cheese has melted. NOTE: the tofu ricotta will turn a bit yellow as it bakes. If you do not want it do that add the dollops on top in the last 5-7 minutes of cooking.
- Top with black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and extra vegan parmesan cheese. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serves 4 people
Save to Pinterest ❤