I am a recent fan of poke bowls. If you don’t know what that is it is basically a Hawaiian raw fish salad. Usually served with rice and toppings. Instead of using raw fish in ours we are using mango! I specifically used the honey mangoes for this but the other kind would be great too.
I love poke bowls because they are easy to put together and so yummy. You can really put any toppings you want on them and there are a million different ways to make these! If you haven’t tried one yet then definitely be sure to. I found the honey mangoes to work perfectly for this due to their texture and sweetness. Feel free to sub out the sushi rice for a grain of your choice like quinoa or brown rice.
1 cup dry sushi rice
1 1/4 cup water
2 honey mangoes
1 tsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup red cabbage
1/2 cup shelled edamame
1/4 cup shredded carrots
Black and white sesame seeds to top with
- Prepare mango by peeling the outer skin and chopping up into bigger chunks.
- In a container add the mangoes, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil. Mix well and set aside for at least 30 minutes. The longer it sits the better.
- Prepare sushi rice by adding 1 cup of rice to 1 1/4 cups water. Rinse rice prior to adding it to the water. Bring to a boil then drop to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Prepare all your veggies by chopping them or making sure they are at room temperature if you are using frozen edamame.
- When ready assemble the bowl by adding all the ingredients in. Top with tons of sesame seeds and enjoy!
Will serve up to 2.
Save to Pinterest ❤