I have made breakfast enchiladas, breakfast tacos, breakfast burritos and now we are onto breakfast quesadillas! So easy to make, perfect for meal prepping and totally customizable. These also only take about 15 minutes to make.
The base of these quesadillas is tofu scramble. If you can’t have soy I would suggest trying chickpea scramble or a potato, bean and vegan cheese quesadilla. If you are gluten free you can use a corn tortilla instead of flour. However, since corn tortillas tend to be a little smaller and a little more fragile I would use less filling. I would also take a corn tortilla on the bottom, then add filling and then another corn tortilla on top.
2 medium flour tortillas
1/3 block firm tofu
2 tbsp plant milk (unsweetened and no flavor)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 bell pepper
1/3 white onion
1 tbsp vegan butter
Vegan cheese of choice, as much as you like
Toppings: avocado, lime, green onion
- Take the tofu and put it in a bowl. With a fork begin to press down and create crumbles.
- Then add in plant milk of choice, nutritional yeast, chili powder, garlic powder, turmeric, black pepper and salt. Using your fork mix together.
- Dice the bell pepper and onion.
- In a pan on medium heat add in 1/2 tbsp of vegan butter, the diced peppers and onion. If you want to be oil free you can eliminate the vegan butter.
- Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes until onions are clear and color of peppers isn’t as vibrant.
- Then add in the tofu mixture and cook for another 5-10 minutes. The tofu scramble will become more yellow as it cooks.
- Take 1 tortilla and add a bit of cheese on the bottom. Then add a few spoonfuls of the filing and more cheese on top. Fold the tortilla in half and place it into a pan.
- Use another 1/2 tbsp of vegan butter and cook the tortilla until golden brown on both sides. If you don’t want to use oil you can also heat it up in the pan with no oil.
- Then you can cut in half, top with avocado, lime and green onion.
- If you want to meal prep these wrap the tortilla in aluminum foil or cling wrap and either freeze or place in fridge for up to 2 days.
- If freezing to heat up either place in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F or microwave for 2-3 minutes and then crisp up in a pan. If placing in the fridge warm it up in a pan for a few minutes.
Will make 2 quesadillas.
Save to Pinterest ❤