I hate ordering salads at restaurants. Most of the time you get some old lettuce, a few tomatoes, cucumbers, croutons which usually aren’t vegan and a dressing that isn’t vegan either. And you are stuck eating rabbit food. BUT this salad is a game changer. Breaded tofu, creamy ranch, crispy veggies it is so good.
I used kale but you can also use romaine lettuce if you like. If you want to make it soy free swap out the tofu for chickpeas. You can just toss them in buffalo sauce. I used a store bought ranch in the video but I will include my recipe down below. To make this recipe gluten free swap out the regular breadcrumbs for gluten free breadcrumbs.
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley
1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight or boiled 20 minutes
1/2 cup plant milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
3 big handfuls of kale
1 small cucumber
1 small carrot
1/4 cup corn
10 grape tomatoes
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/3 block extra firm tofu
1/4 lemon for juice
More ranch dressing for on top
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Press tofu by wrapping it in a paper towel and placing something heavy on it for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix breadcrumb ingredients together to make breading mixture.
- Take the tofu and cut it into 3 long rectangle pieces like cutlets.
- Put each piece of tofu into the breadcrumbs and pack the breadcrumbs in. You don’t need to dredge them because the tofu will be slightly wet and the breadcrumbs will stick.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until tofu looks golden brown. Then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take the tofu and drizzle the buffalo sauce on it. You can turn the oven off. Rub around in the sauce and place back in the turned off oven for about 10 minutes. The sauce will get baked on.
- Prepare kale by taking off the stems and squirting with lemon. Massage with your hands for 5-10 minutes until wilted, dark green and softened.
- Prepare the cucumber, corn, tomatoes and carrots by cutting them up how you like.
- Pour some of the ranch onto the kale and mix around.
- Place the dressed kale in a bowl and then put your tofu and vegetables on top. You can cut the tofu up if you like. Top with more ranch and enjoy!
Save to Pinterest ❤
*this blog post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you decide to purchase a product using my link I receive a small commission at no cost to you which helps to support this blog.