I love mac and cheese. If I could eat it daily, I would. Vegan mac and cheese is so good because it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy and bloated like regular mac and cheese. While this one isn’t the healthiest rendition of mac and cheese it sure is delicious!
This recipe is a little bit spicy, very gooey, creamy and all around delicious. Seriously in one of my top 5 recipes. It is easily customizable to fit anyone’s allergen needs. About 75% of vegan cheese at the food store is nut free, soy free, gluten free. Just be sure to check all your labels on everything! To make this gluten free swap out the pasta and breadcrumbs for gluten free alternatives!
2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp vegan butter
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
2-3 kinds of white vegan cheese about 1/4 cup of each (ex: mozzarella, Monterey jack, havarti, pepperjack, chao creamy original)
1/4 vegan parmesan
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
2/3 box of pasta (conchiglie, cavatappi, elbows, fusilli)
- Chop up jalapeno into small pieces. You can leave a few circular pieces for garnish.
- In a pan place olive oil, allow to heat up and add chopped jalapeno in. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Into the pan add in vegan cream cheese, vegan butter and non-dairy milk. Cook on low heat until everything melts down.
- Add in the vegan cheeses of your choice, the parmesan, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
- Allow to cook until everything becomes melted and smooth. If it is a bit thin that is okay because it will thicken as it cooks in the oven.
- Cook pasta of choice in salted water. Once al dente add it into cheese sauce. Mix around.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Top the pasta with , breadcrumbs, melted vegan butter and vegan parmesan. Place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes and broil for 5 to get top golden. Once you take it out dig in!
Will serve 2-3 people depending on serving size.
Save to Pinterest ❤