I love spring rolls. They are easy to make, healthy and so customizable. These spicy Kung Pao spring rolls only took 15 minutes to make with the help of Right Food’s Kung Pao Asian Noodles.
I love Right Food’s products. They are healthy and filled with non-processed ingredients. Things you can actually pronounce. Everything is vegan and they have a lot of gluten free stuff as well. I highly suggest you check them out if you haven’t already.
Rice paper wrappers are usually found in the International aisle of most food stores. If you have a local Asian market they will have them there as well. You can find Right Food’s products at these locations.
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
1-2 green onions, chopped
1/4 block extra firm tofu, cubed
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp cayenne (if you like)
- Prepare the packages of noodles according to the directions.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and pan-fry until golden brown.
- Once the noodles are cooked, add it into the pan with the tofu and mix.
- Allow noodles to cool down before making rolls.
- Take a shallow dish and fill it with water.
- Take a rice paper wrapper, place it in the water for 10-15 seconds until it becomes soft. Place down on counter, add a scoop of the noodles, a few pieces of each vegetable and some green onion in the middle in a horizontal log shape.
- Fold the two sides in and then the bottom up and begin to roll.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and extra green onion.
Will make 6-7 spring rolls.
*this post has been done in collaboration with Right Foods.