It’s that time of year again. The time we all dread. Summer is coming to an end. Time to get back on a schedule, make school lunches and prepare for the end of the beautiful weather. BUT THESE LUNCH IDEAS are sure to keep you excited and happy!
These two lunch ideas are healthy, easy to make and are super easy to make. I used two different lunchboxes just to give you guys some ideas. The first is a salad container from Sistema and the other is a bento box from YumBox. I enjoy both of these boxes and think they hold up great. They are also BPA and phthalate free, easy to clean and I think they are pretty darn cute!
1-2 cups of mixed field greens
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup corn
1/3 cup black beans
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1/4 block extra firm tofu
2 tbsp vegan barbecue sauce
Vegan ranch for salad dressing store bought or homemade, as much as you like
Sides: blueberries and tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Press tofu in paper towel. Cut into cubes.
- Place cut tofu on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Take tofu out and put on barbecue sauce. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Until sauce is caramelized and cooked on.
- Add the field greens to your box. Top with bell pepper, corn, black beans, cucumber and cooked tofu.
- Add sides into box as well as ranch dressing. Pack up and enjoy!
*either place in fridge before eating or keep in a cool place if you will eat it 2-3 hours after making.
*sub out roasted potatoes for tofu to make it soy free.
FALAFEL CAESAR WRAP
1 tortilla of choice
4 falafel tenders
1 head of romaine lettuce
5-7 grape tomatoes
2 tbsp Buffalo sauce
Caesar dressing store bought or homemade as much as you like
Sides: peach and strawberry fruit salad, cucumbers
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prepare falafel tenders. You can use a homemade recipe OR a store bought mix like the one from Trader Joe’s. I found it easiest to form them into a tender shape so they fit into the wrap better. Once you form them into tender shapes, pour some buffalo sauce on top and bake for 15-20 minutes. They will be crispy when done baking.
- Cut up romaine lettuce and grape tomatoes.
- You can coat the romaine lettuce in dressing if you will be eating it within an hour or just leave it on the side to dip.
- Once falafel are crispy assemble wraps. Place down lettuce, falafel tenders and tomatoes. You can also add a bit of extra buffalo sauce if you like. Roll up wrap.
- Prepare your sides and pack it all up.
*you can also use roasted chickpeas instead of falafel if you like.
Save to Pinterest ❤
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you decide to purchase a product using a link, I will receive a small commission at no expense to you, which helps to support this channel.