As summer wraps up life becomes busier again. Kids have school, maybe you have to go back to school, work days feel longer and the days become shorter. I know it’s a sad time. So to make the end of your days better, I have two delicious recipes. They are healthy, filling and are made quickly!
First up we have some chick’n corn chowder. This soup is low in fat but still creamy and so so delicious. To make sure it is soy free and gluten free just check the ingredients in your vegan chicken.
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
1/8th of onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups non dairy milk (original and not sweetened)
3 pieces of vegan chicken
1 tbsp vegan butter
1-2 cups of corn
1/8 cup vegan pepper jack cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot place vegan butter and allow to melt. Add in onion, jalapeno and potato. Cook on a medium heat for one minute. Then add in 1/2 cup plant milk. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the potatoes become fork tender.
- Chop up the vegan chicken.
- Once potatoes are softened and and have begun to broke down, mash the rest with the back of your fork. This should resemble mashed potatoes.
- Add in the rest of the almond milk in 1/2 cup at time. This will ensure that you don’t thin it out too much. This should make a nice creamy base for your soup, that is liquidy but thicker.
- Then add in the vegan chicken, corn, pepper jack, salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat until everything is warmed up and the soup is thick.
*will make 2-3 servings.
Next up we have a quick tofu bowl. This is my go-to dinner lately. It is ready in 15 minutes, full of plant protein and delicious! This one is easily customizable you can use any grain or veggies you like in it.
1/4 block extra firm tofu
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tbsp sesame oil (optional)
1 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup shelled edamame
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 cup brown rice
- Press tofu and then cut into cubes. Place into a non-stick skillet or if using a regular pan add sesame oil to cook with.
- Cook on a low heat to brown on the sides. Add in the broccoli, soy sauce, rice vinegar and ground ginger. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the brown rice to a bowl. This can be meal prepped or I like to use microwavable to make everything speedy.
- Add the tofu and broccoli, cucumber and edamame. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy.
Save to Pinterest ❤