Two meal ideas that are delicious, easy to make and ready to be eaten in 15 minutes. What is better than that? A vegetable miso ginger soup and baked gnocchi. Yum!
Vegetable Miso Ginger Soup
2-3 cups miso ginger broth from Trader Joe’s
2-3 cups of vegetable broth cooked with 1 tbsp of miso and 1 tbsp ginger
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 block of extra firm tofu, cubed
1/2 onion in slices
1 head of bok choy
Green onion and sesame seeds to garnish
- Add sesame oil to pot. Add tofu, carrots and onions into pot. Add in 1/4 cup of miso ginger broth. Cook for 3-4 minutes until liquid is gone.
- Once it is gone add in the rest of the broth and bok choy. I cut the bok choy in half for the picture but you can also just cut it up and it will be easier to eat. Cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Place into your bowl. Top with sesame seeds and green onion.
* feel free to add noodles to this as well.
1 package of gnocchi (can be found in dry pasta section)
2-3 cups of tomato sauce
1 tbsp vegan cream cheese
1 cup vegan mozzarella (I used Follow Your Heart Gourmet Shreds)
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Cook gnocchi in salted water for about 3 minutes. You can find vegan gnocchi in most food stores. Do not buy it from the refrigerated section that will contain egg. You can also use cauliflower gnocchi if you like.
- Once gnocchi rise to the top they are done. Strain and place in an oven safe pan with tomato sauce. I used store bought to make everything quicker.
- Add vegan cream cheese to the pasta sauce to make it creamier. Mix around until melted.
- Then add vegan mozzarella on top and bake for 5-7 minutes. You can also broil if you like.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy!