As we know I am all about the healthy comfort food at the moment. One of my favorite brands to help me with that is Right Food’s. Everything is delicious, low sodium, vegan and they have a lot of gluten free stuff. Convenient for on the go or a great starter for a meal. Using their Garden Vegetable soup, I had made a pasta fagioli that was done in less than 15 minutes, healthy and delicious!
Pasta fagioli is one of those meals that is so insanely comforting but full of nutrient dense foods like beans! There isn’t really a right of wrong way to make this dish but this is just the way I grew up eating it. If you are gluten free just be sure to use gluten free pasta instead. Otherwise this is a very family friendly meal and you get a lot of soup out of this!
You can also use any beans you like or have accessible to you but these two types of beans are pretty typical for pasta fagioli. The thing that makes pasta fagioli so perfect for the colder months is that it is a very thick almost stew-like soup. So don’t be afraid to let it thicken a lot!
1 carton Right Food’s Garden Vegetable Soup
1 tbsp water
1 clove of garlic, minced
4 oz pasta
1 can kidney beans
1 can cannellini beans
3 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp of water into a pot. After it heats up on a medium heat add the garlic.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Once garlic is fragrant add in the garden vegetable soup, beans, tomato paste and sugar. Take the garden vegetable container and fill it halfway with water add that to your soup as well.
- Bring the soup to a rolling boil.
- Once it is boiling add the pasta in.
- Cook until pasta is soft, soup should thicken and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Feel free to garnish with vegan parmesan, basil or parsley.
*this recipe has been created in collaboration with Right Food’s.