I used to love Entenmann’s pound cake. I don’t care what anyone says about me for that one. That with a little whipped cream was one of my favorites. This vegan version is so much better though. The tricky part was trying to figure out how to give it some of the richness eggs give but I think vegan sour cream did the trick.
This pound cake is sweet, soft, light and fluffy. However, it still is luscious and perfect. It is super easy to make you just throw everything in the stand mixer and bake it. I know you will love it.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
1/4 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups organic sugar
3/4 cup vegan sour cream (I used tofutti)
1 cup powdered sugar
5-6 tsp almond milk or water ADD IN GRADUALLY
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Into a bowl add sugar and butter. Cream together either using a stand mixer, hand mixer or by hand.
- Once creamed together and resembles something like a wet sand, add in the milk and vanilla. Lightly mix together again.
- Add in half of the sour cream, half of the flour and baking powder. Mix together.
- This cake is going to be very very thick.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the rest of the flour and sour cream.
- Mix until just combined do not over mix.
- Lightly butter a loaf pan to prevent sticking and add the batter in.
- Spread it with a spatula.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. It will take a while because the cake batter is so thick.
- Check to make sure it is cooked by putting a toothpick in the middle and sides. It should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by adding powdered sugar and 2 tsp to a measuring cup. Using a whisk mix it together. Slowly add in 1 tsp of milk at a time. Do not add too much though, once it becomes too thin it is hard to thicken again. It should be thick, the whisk should make small marks but also run.
- When cake is cooled pour glaze on top.
- Slice and enjoy,
Serves 6-8 (depending on how many slices you cut)
Save to Pinterest ❤