Looking for a cozy weeknight dinner that is easy to make, healthy, delicious and oil free? Well I have the perfect one for you! This easy lentil stew filled with barley and sweet potato is just perfect. The base is Right Foods French Lentil Soup which helps to make this such an easy recipe. If you guys haven’t checked them out already definitely do so because their products are just amazing!
Soup is just perfect this time of year. This soup is so healthy but so satisfying and will fill your belly with warmth! I love lentil soup because it is full of healthy plant protein and iron. If you are gluten free you can swap out the barley for brown rice or quinoa! However, I will say the barley in there is just perfect!
This soup is so easy to make because you really just have to put everything in a pot and let it cook. The hard part is really just waiting! I love using Right Foods as my base for recipes because I know I am getting healthy, nutritious and real ingredients.
2 packages of Right Foods French Lentil Soup
1 sweet potato
1/2 cup barley
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup water (optional to make it a little less thick)
- Prepare barley by bringing 1 1/4 cup of water to a boil. Rinse the barley. Once the water is boiling add it in and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the barley cooks peel and chop the sweet potato into small cubes. To make the sweet potato easier to cut and cook a bit quicker microwave for 2 minutes. Just be careful as it will be warm when you cut it.
- Add the two packages of Right Foods French Lentil Soup, sweet potato and the leaves from the sprigs of thyme into a big pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5-10 minutes. Then reduce to a simmer.
- The barley should be done cooking now and you can add it into the stew as well.
- Let this cook for about 20-25 more minutes on a simmer. The barley and potatoes should be tender.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme and enjoy.
Serves up to 3
*recipe and post made in collaboration with Right Foods.