Breakfast sandwiches were my favorite thing before I went vegan. Give me a sesame bagel with melted American cheese and a yolky egg and I was in heaven. Well while that sounds a gross to me now this breakfast sandwich is here to curb all your breakfast sandwich cravings! It is easy to make and it is delicious. I know you are going to love it too!
The idea of tofu scramble was always so strange to me. But it has definitely become ym favorite scrambled egg replacement. I really haven’t found anything that beats it yet. These breakfast sandwiches are great for weekend mornings but I think can be easily meal prepped as well. You can make the tofu scramble ahead of time, portion out the spinach and turkey and then just assemble it quickly in the morning. I personally wouldn’t suggest freezing these and then reheating them I think there is too much going on.
To make this breakfast sandwich I used good old tofu scramble, some vegan turkey, vegan cheddar and spinach. I put it all on a sesame seed bagel but of course you can put it any on bread you like. If you are gluten free just make sure to use gluten free bread and leave out the vegan turkey. If you are soy free instead of tofu you can use chickpeas and leave out the vegan turkey or find a soy free meat replacement.
4.5 oz extra firm tofu (about 1/3 of the block)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup non-dairy milk (make sure it isn’t flavored or sweetened)
1/4 cup vegan cheese
1 handful spinach
3-4 slices vegan turkey or vegan bacon
1 bagel or bread of choice
*if using smaller pieces of bread or an English muffin you can make two sandwiches.
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands. I do not press my tofu when I make tofu scramble just gently pat it with a paper towel.
- Add in the seasonings and non-dairy milk. Gently mash and mix together with a fork.
- Take a pan and lightly spray it with non-stick spray. I have a coconut oil one from Trader Joe’s I really like. You can also just add a small amount of olive oil or vegan butter into the pan.
- Add the scramble in and cook on a medium low heat for 5-8 minutes. Use a spatula to gently mix and push the scramble around. I like it best when the scramble has a little bit of brownness to it but it will still be soft and egg-like. If this is your first time making tofu scramble watch the recipe video.
- Add the vegan cheese on top and lower the heat. Cover with a lid and let the cheese melt for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tofu scramble from the pan and add in a little more spray. Now place the pieces of vegan turkey in and cook for 1-2 minutes per side on low heat. It will make it slightly crispy and warm.
- Remove the vegan turkey and then add in the spinach. Cook for 1 minute to warm the spinach and slightly wilt it.
- If you would like to toast your bread do it now.
- Assemble the sandwich, then top with your favorite condiment and enjoy!
This will make 1 big sandwich or 2 smaller ones.
Save to Pinterest ❤
*this post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase I will make a small commission which helps to support this blog and recipe creation. Thank you!