I love roasted potatoes. They are always delicious, easy to make and you can add any flavors you like to it. This one combines a bunch of classic Italian flavors to make a delicious dish. This makes quite a few servings so you can use it for meal prep or it is great for parties and BBQs.
For this recipe I used a few store bought ingredients. I like the Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella for this recipe. But any hard vegan cheese would work well for example, the Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella block would be great too. I also used Trader Joe’s vegan pesto. But if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby I have two pesto recipes on the blog you can use. Here is the classic pesto recipe and here is my powerhouse pesto recipe.
You can use any potatoes you like. I prefer golden potatoes or in this case I used a medley. Russet potatoes don’t always work the best for this so I would steer clear of those. You could even get crazy and add a few pieces of sweet potato in there.
20 small potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
20 grape tomatoes
1 package of Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella
1-2 tbsp vegan pesto
Balsamic glaze and basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and cut potatoes. I like to cut them into quarters as it makes it easier to eat them.
- Add potatoes into a bowl and add the olive oil, salt, parsley, garlic powder and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add the seasoned potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Potatoes should be crispy and soft when you stick a fork in them.
- Once the potatoes are roasted and out of the oven add the pesto to them. Mix around to coat the potatoes in the pesto. Do not do this prior to baking because it will burn the pesto.
- Cut the vegan mozzarella into cubes.
- Now you can add the potatoes, mozzarella and tomatoes into your serving dish. Toss together to get everything well incorporated.
- Drizzle on the balsamic glaze and add basil.
Serves up 4-6
Save to Pinterest ❤