Summertime is the perfect chance to take some of your winter favorites and put a spin on them! Ramen makes everyone think of warm soups but this cold ramen salad is going to change your world. Using Right Foods Vegan Chicken Ramen makes this easy, delicious and nutritious. If you have been here for a little while you know how much I enjoy their products.
So, why do I love Right Foods so much? Their products are made with extremely minimal and easy to pronounce ingredients. Everything is healthy, non-gmo, vegan and a lot of gluten free products as well. They make it easy to have convenient but also healthy vegan food. They are great on their own or great to use as a base for recipes. Their products are also made with sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging.
This ramen salad is sooooo perfect for summer. Filled with lots of veggies and bright flavors it will be a new favorite. Ramen doesn’t need to only be eaten warm, cold ramen is just as delicious. Ready in 15 minutes and you will be in ramen heaven!
1 unit Right Foods Vegan Chicken Ramen
1/2 cup water
1/2 bell pepper, julienned [75g]
1 small carrot, peeled into ribbons [60g]
1/2 cucumber, cut into ribbons [85g]
1/2 cup corn [65g]
1/3 cup shelled edamame [52g]
Small handful cabbage, shredded
1/2 lime, juice
1/2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
Red pepper flakes to taste
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp maple syrup [15ml]
Green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
- Prepare the ramen by adding 1/2 of the flavor packet and 1/3 cup of water to the noodles. You can either cook on the stove until soft or microwave. Microwave for 30 second intervals and continue to stir until noodles have softened. After about 2 minutes of microwaving, cover and let them stand for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables by julienning the pepper. Using a peeler you can make the cucumber and carrot into ribbons. If using frozen corn and edamame microwave until lightly warmed.
- Once the noodles are soft, lightly rinse them in cold water to separate. Do this quickly so you don’t rinse off the seasonings.
- In a big bowl add the noodles, pepper, carrot, cucumber, corn, edamame, cabbage, lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger powder, red pepper flakes and toss everything together. Make sure everything is well incorporated and and evenly coated in the sauce
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. You can refrigerate or enjoy right away.
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE
*this post has been done in collaboration with Right Foods.