Are you ready for your new favorite salad recipe? Because you are about to fall in love with this one! I was just away on vacation and while I was away I had an incredible salad. Similar to this but I added a few extra things in there to my liking. This salad is loaded with textures, flavors, colors and deliciousness.
This salad really does just scream summer in a bowl. Mango, chopped peanuts, peanut dressing, crispy cucumbers and green onions topped with some tofu yum! I could eat this everyday no problem. The best part about salads for me is how easy they are to customize. You can truly add whatever you like in there, so feel free to throw in whatever else you like into here!
If you have a peanut allergy you can use any other nut you aren’t allergic too cashews or almonds would be great. You can also use sunflower seed butter for the dressing or even tahini would work. If you are soy free then of course leave out the tofu.
3 1/2 cups lettuce, you can use iceberg, romaine [190g]
3/4 cup cabbage, mixed or napa [100g]
1/2 cucumber, chopped or ribbons [130g]
1/2 mango, cut into cubes [60g]
5 oz tofu, plain or I used Trader Joe’s Baked Sriracha
1 1/2 tbsp chopped peanuts [14g]
2-3 stalks green onion, chopped
Sesame seeds for garnish
2 tbsp unsalted peanut butter [32g]
1 tsp maple syrup, grade A [5g]
1/8 cup non-dairy milk [40g]
- Prepare dressing by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Cook the tofu in a pan for a few minutes until crispy and seared. You can add hot sauce, seasonings of choice or use a store-bought seasoned one.
- Prepare the lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, mango and green onion while the tofu cooks. I like to chop the lettuce and cabbage up small.
- Put the chopped lettuce and cabbage into a big bowl and add half of the dressing. Toss to coat the salad.
- On top add the mango, cooked tofu, green onion, cucumber, sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing on top and enjoy!
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE
Save to Pinterest ❤