I have a super fun and delicious recipe for you guys! Taquitos are amazing. They are a crispy tortilla filled with yummy fillings, I mean who can really complain? These taquitos are baked instead of deep fried. This makes them much healthier and much easier to cook. They are also made with Right Foods Tortilla Soup. This helps to speed up the process of making these since the soup is extremely flavorful.
This recipe has been created in collaboration with Right Foods. If you have been on the blog for a bit you already know how much I enjoy this brand. But if you are new here allow me to fill you in. Their products are made with extremely minimal and wholesome ingredients. Everything is healthy, non-gmo, vegan. Their products make it easy to have convenient but also healthy vegan food. Their products are also made with sustainable and environmentally friendly packaging. I love to eat their soups and noodles on their own or use them as a base for a recipe like this.
So why giant taquitos you may be wondering? Well, why not? In all honesty the corn tortillas I originally were going to use were not holding up well. My only other tortilla choice were the medium sized tortillas and then our beautiful, giant tortilla soup tortillas were born!
1 carton of Right Foods Tortilla Soup
1 can refried beans
1 cup corn
1 jalapeño, chopped
6-8 medium sized tortillas of choice
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeño, diced
1/2 lime, juice
“Sour Cream” Drizzle
2 tbsp sour cream or plain vegan yogurt
1 tbsp water
Garnish with lettuce, green onion, lime and jalapeño
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add the Right Foods Tortilla Soup, refried beans, corn and jalapeño into a pot.
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add a few spoonfuls of the soup. Do not overfill tortilla! This will be a bit on the thinner side but don’t worry it thickens up in the oven.
- Roll the tortilla up and place it on the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat until all the soup has been used or you made as many taquitos as you like.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Tortillas will turn golden and crispy.
- While they bake prepare the fresh salsa. Chop all the ingredients and combine them together in a bowl. Set aside until ready to eat.
- Make the “sour cream” drizzle by adding the ingredients into a small bowl and mixing until smooth. You may need to add more water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Once the taquitos are done add them to a plate and top with the salsa, “sour cream” drizzle and anything you would like to garnish it with.
Makes 6-8 taquitos.
**this post has been done in collaboration Right Foods.