Are you ready to make the most fall inspired macaroni and cheese? Using a delicious blend of pumpkin, butternut squash, cashews and some spices I am here to give it to you. The best part is the cheese sauce is made so quickly. I used my Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings and Blend-N-Go® Cup to make it and it is ready in minutes.
The new Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings and Blend-N-Go® Cup is so awesome. First off there are a bunch of different settings on the blender. You can choose from the food mode of smoothie or food chop. The smoothie setting is of course great for smoothies or anything creamy you want to blend up like a sauce or soup. The food chop setting is great for making salsas. You can also choose a texture setting of thin, medium or thick. There is also a high and low setting and you can let the blender run or pulse it.
I also really love how the bottom blade screws off and then you can just add the Blend-N-Go Cup on there instead. I find that to be super convenient if you need to make a smoothie on the go or you are just making a smaller batch of sauce! Another thing I enjoy about the Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings and Blend-N-Go® Cup is that it is a glass blender. So when you are putting hot contents into it, like I did in this recipe, it is just all around safer than using plastic. Also, please be sure when blending hot liquids to remove the filler cap! You can buy this incredible blender at Walmart. I also think this would be a great gift for the holidays!
When we make a cheese sauce we want it to be creamy and smooth, not gritty. So I used the smoothie setting on thick at first and then transferred it over to the high setting. This ensured I got the smoothest, most velvety, luscious vegan cheese sauce in the world. Blending up cashews to be smooth can be a bit of trouble at times but the Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings and Blend-N-Go® Cup had no problem with them. I was also able to get all of the delicious cheese sauce out because I just removed the bottom blade and scraped it out. In the past I have had trouble getting to the bottom of my blender and unfortunately ending up having to waste some food.
This recipe is gluten free as long as you use gluten free pasta. The recipe is not nut free but you can swap the cashews for white beans. The recipe is soy free. It is also a great way to pack in some extra sneaky vegetables with the pumpkin and butternut squash!
1 and 1/2 cups butternut squash, cubed [170g]
1 cup pumpkin puree [244g]
1/2 cup cashews [60g]
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored [360ml]
1/2 tsp salt
*or to taste
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp nutritional yeast [5g]
3/4 cup vegan cheddar shreds [84g]
*or another vegan cheese you have accessible
12 oz pasta of choice
- Boil the butternut squash and cashews for 30 minutes. Alternatively you can soak the cashews overnight and boil the butternut squash for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling add the pasta and cook until al dente, or to your preference.
- Once the butternut squash is soft, drain and rinse.
- In the Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings add the butternut squash, cashews, pumpkin puree, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, vegan cheddar shreds and 1 cup of the non-dairy milk. I like to add in less non-dairy milk and add more if necessary. PRIOR TO BLENDING HOT LIQUIDS PLEASE REMOVE THE FILER CAP ON TOP.
- To help get the contents broken down quicker place the Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings on the smoothie, thick setting. Blend for about 30 seconds. If necessary add in more non-dairy milk.
- Repeat that until the sauce has been broken down but you can still see a bit of texture.
- Then place the Oster Master Series Blender with Texture Select Settings on the high setting and let it blend until the sauce is extremely smooth and creamy. Again adding in more non-dairy milk if necessary.
- You want this sauce to be pourable but also thick. Taste the sauce before adding it to the cooked pasta and adjust any flavors according to your preferences.
- When the pasta is done drain it but leave a little bit of water in there. The starchy water helps the sauce to stick to the pasta better.
- Add the sauce on top and stir on the stove on low heat for a minute. This helps the stretchy nature of the vegan cheddar shreds to come out and coat the pasta.
- When ready to eat you can garnish this with breadcrumbs if you like or just enjoy it straight out of the pot.
Serves 4-6 people
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE FALL MAC AND CHEESE
*this recipe and blog post has been sponsored by the Oster® brand.
Save to Pinterest ❤