This post has been sponsored by Crock-Pot® but all views are my own.
Get ready because I have a pretty life changing recipe for you guys. Baked ziti made in 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker is going to change your life. Seriously, trust me. This time of year don’t we just love a meal that cooks itself. This is so easy to make and comes out delicious. There are so many functions on the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker multi-cooker and it makes it really easy to make an incredible meal in there!
In case you have no idea how a pressure cooker works let me tell you. Pressure cookers work by building up pressure inside the vessel and as the pressure and heat builds it cooks the food. Pressure cooking has been around for a while and it is amazing because it cooks your food way quicker than traditional methods. The 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker is wonderful because there are so many functions. So you can use functions such as: saute, steam, simmer, slow cook and a bunch more.
Another amazing function of the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker is the easy steam release. So you can let the steam that gets built up out of the pressure cooker in two ways: a slow natural release or the quick release. In the past you would have to use kitchen tongs and a big kitchen mitt to let the steam out. However, now with this product you can just switch the dial to quick release and it lets all the steam out super easily! No more risk of burning hands.
I am really amazed by all the incredible things this product can do. It is great for everyday easy things like steaming vegetables or rice. It is also great for cooking large quantities of things and huge things. For example, when I did the Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes in here it took me 22 minutes to cook 5 giant sweet potatoes. I really cannot recommend the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker enough. It would also make a really great holiday gift for people in your life who love to cook. You can purchase one for yourself at Target and be sure to keep an eye out for any sales!
Now let’s talk about this amazing baked ziti (or well pressure cooked ziti). All you have to do to make this is saute a few of the ingredients in the beginning, using the saute function and then you put in the pasta, sauce and some water. Then you put it to manual pressure cook it for 5-6 minutes (yes that is all it takes). Then we add in some amazing vegan ricotta and top it with vegan mozzarella. Cook it again for a minute to get that vegan cheese beautifully melted and then we eat!
If you are soy free you can completely leave the tofu ricotta out and be sure to check the vegan ground beef you use. You can also make an alternate ricotta using soaked cashews instead. If you are gluten free just swap the pasta for a gluten free pasta. If you are nut free just be sure to use a nut free non-dairy milk.
16 oz pasta of choice
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 package of vegan ground beef [12 oz]
1 tbsp oil [15g]
4 cups jarred marinara sauce [32 oz]
2 cups water [500ml]
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegan mozzarella [37g]
1 block of firm tofu [14oz]
2 tbsp nutritional yeast [10g]
1/2 cup non-diary milk [120ml]
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Add the olive oil, onion, garlic and vegan ground beef to the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker. Press the function SAUTE and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions are clear and fragrant.
- Once that is done cooking hit the START/STOP function to stop the cooking.
- Add in the water, 2 and 1/2 cups [28 oz] of tomato sauce, salt and pasta to the cooker. If you would like to add any other seasonings such as garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, dried parsley, red pepper flakes do so now. Give everything a mix to make sure it is all covered in liquid.
- Place the lid on top and place it into the lock position. Make sure it is set to no steam release this is what allows the pressure cooker to build pressure.
- Set the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker to MANUAL PRESSURE on HIGH and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- While it cooks prepare the tofu ricotta by adding all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Be sure to taste it and adjust any flavors.
- Once the cooker is done allow the steam to release naturally (about 6-8 minutes) and then open to the top.
- Now you can add in the vegan ricotta and mix it in.
- This is optional but on top you can drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce to make it look pretty and then sprinkle the vegan cheese on top.
- Then place the cooker on the MANUAL PRESSURE SETTING on LOW for 2 minutes. This will make the cheese all melted and gooey.
- When it is done cooking you can either let the steam release naturally or just switch it the dial to the easy release steam setting.
- Finally, pair it with some fresh curly parsley or vegan parmesan if you like and enjoy!
Serves 5-6 people
Save to Pinterest ❤