I know it can be stressful to plan a whole dinner menu. It can be overwhelming. But trust me it is very easy to put together a menu. I have a bunch of recipes on my blog and if you need more help definitely check out my Holiday Recipe Round Up (75+ ideas). You can pick something from each section and be done!
But now onto today’s menu: caprese appetizer wreath, chick’n francese, garlic roasted broccolini and roasted butternut squash.
Caprese Appetizer Wreath
This adorable little platter will wow your guests and is an easy appetizer.
6 oz vegan cheese
* I used Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella
20-30 basil leaves
20-30 grape tomatoes
20-30 green and black olives
Thyme or rosemary for garnish
- Choose your plate or board to place this on. In the center add a small bowl or even a lid to a jar. This will help you keep a nice circle in the middle.
- Start by laying down 7-10 pieces of basil in a circle around whatever you placed in the middle.
- Then add some tomatoes and olives.
- Add another layer of basil to start to fill in the areas where it is looking empty.
- Take your time to start to layer the toppings. I like to add the vegan cheese closer to the top.
- If you would like to make vegan mozzarella balls you can use Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella and just roll little cubes of cheese into balls.
- Once you have built your wreath up to your liking, remove whatever you placed in the middle and tidy up the center if any ingredients fall through.
- Add a few sprigs of the rosemary and thyme on the top.
Serve with crusty bread, oil and vinegar or breadsticks.
A vegan take on a classic Italian-American dish. This chick’n Francese is filled with flavors of lemon and white wine.
1 package of Gardein Scallopini
*you can also use large tofu cutlets, homemade seitan or even cauliflower steaks
1/4 cup all purpose flour [30g]
*use gluten free all purpose flour if necessary
1/4 chickpea flour [30g]
1/2 cup water [120ml]
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Pinch of turmeric
Oil to cook chick’n
2 cups vegetable broth [500ml]
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp vegan butter [14g]
1 tbsp flour [8g]
1/2 cup white wine [120ml]
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- Warm the vegan chick’n or allow to it to thaw.
- Mix together the chickpea flour and water. Add the salt, pepper and turmeric (for color) to it for seasoning. This will replace the egg that is typically used in chicken francese.
- Heat a skillet up on medium low heat with 1 tbsp of oil.
- While the skillet heats up dip one chick’n cutlet into the flour and then into the chickpea flour “egg” mixture. Repeat with all 4 cutlets.
- Place the battered cutlets into the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side until the battered has turned golden.
- Once the chick’n is done cooking remove it from the pan.
- Add in the vegan butter and cook until it melts.
- Once it is melted add in the flour and whisk. Once the flour appears light brown and no longer looks raw lower the heat a bit.
- You are going to add in the white wine next, please be careful when cooking with alcohol as it is flammable. If you don’t want to use white wine you can replace it with more vegetable stock and 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Add the wine in and mix together. Once the wine has cooked off add in the vegetable broth and whisk.
- Finally, add in a bit of salt and pepper and cook on medium low heat until a sauce is formed
- Once the sauce has thickened and tastes to your liking add the chick’n back in.
- Serve with some fresh parsley and lemon slices.
*if you would like to double the recipe just double the chick’n part, you will have enough sauce.
Roasted Butternut Squash & Roasted Broccolini
Side dishes don’t need to be complicated and I love roasted vegetables for that reason. Pop them in the oven, set a timer and forget about it. I also think my vegan mashed potatoes, vegan potato croquettes or twice baked potatoes from my ebook would be other great side dishes for this menu.
16 oz broccolini
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
32 oz cubed butternut squash
1 tbsp organic cane sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450F (232C).
- Trim the broccolini steams and pull off any giant leaves. Add it into a bowl with the garlic, oil and salt. Toss to mix. Place it on a bakings sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure is is spread out so there is room to roast.
- Add the butternut squash onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add the seasonings and oil on top. Toss them together to coat everything. Cut the cubes into smaller pieces if they are too large.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven placing the butternut squash on top rack and broccolini in the middle.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cooked and roasted to preference.
Save to Pinterest ❤