These hearty lemony lentil wraps are the perfect meal as we begin to transition into spring. They are filled with amazing ingredients and bright flavors, sure to satisfy and easy to make.
This post has been created in collaboration with Right Foods, all opinions are my own.
I absolutely love lentils. They are so good for you and a powerhouse of nutrition but they do take a little while to make. In order to keep this recipe speedy I used the Right Foods French Lentil Soup. The lentils are already soft, tender and full of flavor making them perfect for this wrap.
Right Foods products are perfect for those days when you need something quick and nutritious. All of their products are vegan-friendly and they have gluten free options too. Their products are made with whole foods and no weird ingredients/preservatives. You can find their products in a bunch of locations such as Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Wegmans and more. If you have not tried them yet I cannot recommend their products enough.
These wraps only take a few minutes to make and they are a perfect lunch to pack or dinner to make. If you are gluten free just make sure to buy wraps that are gluten free otherwise these are completely soy and nut free. I love the addition of lemon to the lentils as it has such a bright flavor and adds an extra dimension to the wraps.
1 unit Right Foods French lentil soup
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups lettuce, chopped or shredded
1/2 cucumber, cut into quarters
6-8 baby tomatoes, cut into slices
4 tablespoons hummus of choice
2 wraps or flatbreads
2 green onions, chopped
- Strain the lentil soup and set the liquid aside.
- In a non-stick fry pan pour 2-3 tablespoons of the liquid from the soup. Add in the peppers and lentils. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat to soften peppers and warm up lentils.
- Season the lentils with lemon juice and garlic salt.
- Warm up the wraps for about 30 seconds per side on the stove in a pan.
- On one of the wraps spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on the inside.
- Then add in half of the lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Top with half of the lentils and green onions.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the other wrap.