This crustless quiche is fluffy, easy to make and only requires a few ingredients. It is easy to customize and you can use any vegetables or vegan meats you like. This is great for meal prep, breakfast, brunch or lunch!
Growing up my mom always made a crustless quiche. It was one of my favorite things so I knew at some point I had to make a vegan version. This vegan version does use the Just Egg. It really is the best way I found to make it. Combined with chickpea flour and a surprising ingredient…pancake mix! Yep, something happens during the baking process that the pancake mix forms into a golden little crust on the bottom. Making this a much quicker version and somewhat healthier version than typical quiche with a pie crust.
You can use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Quiche is so easy to customize and a great way to use up scrap vegetables. I always go for broccoli and onion in mine it’s just a classic! But let your mind run wild and use anything you have. Definitely be sure to check the ingredients in your pancake mix as some do contain milk or dried egg, but there are tons of vegan friendly ones out there.
I prefer a thinner quiche so I baked mine in a 9 x 11 pan. If you want it to be thicker you can use a smaller pan. Of course keep in mind that will alter baking time. It takes about 45 to 55 minutes to bake this, depending on your oven. I like to top mine with vegan cheddar but you can also fold it into the batter itself before baking too. I love the flexibility of this recipe so get ready to be making a lot of quiche!
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
4 cups (255g) frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
4 strips vegan bacon, chopped
1/4 Vidalia onion (about 60g), chopped
2/3 cup (155ml) Just Egg
1 cup (240ml) nondairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored
1/2 cup (60g) chickpea flour
3/4 cup (70g) pancake mix
1 tablespoon (5g) nutritional yeast
Dash of salt and pepper
1/4 cup (28g) vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C).
- In a large bowl whisk the Just Egg, nondairy milk, chickpea flour, pancake mix, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the chopped broccoli, vegan bacon, and vidalia onion into the batter. Use a spatula to fold it in.
- Grease a 9 x 11 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan. Sprinkle with vegan cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until quiche has slightly puffed up. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 6 or 8 pieces depending on how many pieces you would like.
Serves 2 to 4
Save to Pinterest ❤
Plantifully Based® is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!