An easy recipe that only requires a few ingredients to make this delicious pull apart bread! Using store bough crescent rolls as a shortcut and filling them up with vegan mozzarella and vegan pepperoni for a fun snack.
Let’s talk about vegan pepperoni. I feel like it may be one of those ingredients that depending on where you live it could be hard to find. You can definitely swap it out for a different vegan meat like a vegan ham. I used the pepperoni from the brand Yve’s but I also know that Sweet Earth makes one as well. So just use what you have accessible to you. I would check stores like Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Sprouts, Kroger, and larger chain grocery stores. You also may have a vegan market nearby, they are popping up a lot, so you can maybe find something fun there too!
Crescent rolls are one of those accidental vegan products that I am so thankful for. I love crescent rolls they are flakey, soft, and delicious. They are a little bit sweet and work out well in this recipe. They have the perfect texture and so soft and fluffy inside. Wrapped up with the vegan cheese and vegan pepperoni they are a treat.
I decided I wanted to make these into a pull apart bread because I love them and think they’re so pretty. They are fun for snacking and it looks much fancier than it is. This is great for dipping in marinara sauce or even some vegan ranch. I think this would be great for the Super Bowl or any other occasion you just want something good to munch on. If you do not want to put this in a spring form pan you don’t have to but it makes it easy to take it out. You can also bake them individually.
Want more recipes? Order my cookbook
Plantiful: Over 75 Vibrant Vegan Comfort Foods!
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
1 package of crescent rolls
3/4 cup (84g) vegan mozzarella
30 slices (90g) vegan pepperoni
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Open the crescent rolls and remove the sheet. Divide into 2 so you have two squares. Push the dough together to fill in the gaps of the perforated lines.
- Sprinkle each square of dough with the garlic powder, parsley and red pepper flakes. Then divide the mozzarella evenly amongst the squares. Finally, top with the vegan pepperoni.
- Then roll them up the long way, like you would a cinnamon roll.
- Cut each roll into 8 equal pieces. You will be left with 16 pieces.
- Line a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the pinwheels in the pan around the rim and then fill in the inner circle. They should all be next to each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F (218°C). Then lower the temperature to 375°F (190°C) and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy.
Makes 16 rolls (serves 4)
SAVE TO PINTEREST
Plantifully Based® is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!