These shortbread cookies are so easy to make and so delicious. I love making cookies but it can be a pain to decorate them. These take so much less time, look adorable and taste delicious. They also only require a few ingredients and are a perfect treat to make with your kids.
There are many ways you can make shortbread cookies. You can cut them into shapes, make swirls with a piping bag or make tiny little cubes. Either way they are just perfect. I decided to add some little sprinkles in there to look cute but you can leave that out if you prefer.
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp sprinkles (nonpareils)
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Using either an electric mixer or stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar. You can also do this by hand by using a spoon.
- Then add in the vanilla, flour and sprinkles.
- Using the electric mixer or stand mixer, mix together until pea sized crumbles have formed. You can do this by hand using a fork.
- Empty the dough out and gently knead with your hands until dough comes together. If you are having trouble with it coming together add in 1/2 tsp of vegan butter.
- Using two sheets of parchment paper roll the dough in between them. I tried without parchment paper and it didn’t work.
- Roll it to about 1/2 inch thickness. I prefer these cookies to be on the thicker side.
- Cut out your cookies and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Take the scraps of dough, work back into a ball and repeat.
- Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the bottom.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
Makes 30-35 cookies
Save to Pinterest ❤