I do not want to toot my own horn but I promise you these will be the best vegan mashed potatoes you ever eat. These are the fluffiest, lightest, most whipped up mashed potatoes ever. I promise you they are going to be your favorite and you will crave them all of the time.
The key ingredient in mashed potatoes is of course the potato. So pick your potato wisely. Any potato can be turned into a mashed potato but russet potatoes are the best for this. Gold potatoes are my second favorite type of potato for mashed potatoes. They provide a different flavor than a russet potato and of course a different color.
The next decision you will have to make is skin on or skin off. Personally, I usually go for skin off. I just tend to like a super smooth mashed potato. However, keeping the skin on will provide additional texture and flavor. So it is whatever you want.
So what is going to make these so creamy? We need vegan butter and vegan sour cream for this. Yes, you need both. I prefer to use Miyoko’s vegan butter for this and the Tofutti sour cream. Use whatever you have accessible to you though.
2 large russet potatoes
1/2 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored [120ml]
1/3 cup vegan sour cream [3 oz]
3 tbsp vegan butter [42g]
Salt to taste
Garnish with green onions or chives, black pepper, salt and vegan butter
- Chop potatoes into large chunks. This will help them to boil faster.
- Boil on the stove for 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and place into a large bowl.
- Add the non-dairy milk, vegan sour cream and vegan butter into the bowl.
- Mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Alternatively, if you have a potato ricer you can rice the potatoes first and then add in the sour cream and butter.
- Once the potatoes are mashed up and fluffy, add in salt. Do this to your preferences. I usually add in a bit of salt, mix it around, give it a taste and add in more. I would prefer to add it in slowly then over salt.
- Place it into a bowl and add on some extra vegan butter if you like, green onion or chives and a few cracks of black pepper.
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE MASHED POTATOES
Save to Pinterest ❤