This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot but all views are my own.
I love lentils, especially red lentils. They are a bit softer and come out a bit creamier. I paired this with tons of spices and this was so easy to make in my 7 QT Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker. I have been loving the slow cooker for this time of year. It is so busy, but all I want is warm, cozy food so having a meal that cooks itself is all I could ask for!
My favorite part about using the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker is that I can really just throw everything in there, set it and forget it. It also makes the flavors come out so much better since everything is just slowly cooking together. The slow cooker is very easy to use. You just set it on either High or Low and then set the timer, when it is done cooking it automatically enters the Keep Warm mode.
I love how large this slow cooker is. Since it is 7 quarts it can feed up to 8 people. It is also so useful for meal prepping since it can cook so much food. So you will definitely have plenty of leftovers for this recipe which I personally think is great. You can also freeze the leftovers.
The 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker is super lightweight. So it really makes it great for preparing foods to bring to parties or holiday gatherings. I think it would be so nice to prepare something for your family and friends. The top also seals and locks in so you don’t have to risk your food spilling everywhere. It also has an easy to clean non-stick ceramic coating requiring less effort to clean by hand compared with traditional stoneware. Which don’t we all need to get our dishes done quicker this time of year? You can find the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker at Target. Put it on your list for holiday gifts or just treat yourself!
This recipe is so allergy friendly. It does not contain any nuts, soy or gluten. It does contain coconuts from the coconut milk. You don’t have to add in tons of spice if you prefer things to not be as spicy. I just personally love my stuff with lots of kick and heat, especially on cold nights. You can also add in more vegetables if you like such as butternut squash, potatoes, cauliflower, sweet potatoes the options are endless. I love to pair it with fluffy white rice but you can pair it with quinoa, couscous really anything you like.
3 cups red lentils [540g]
1 tbsp ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 29 oz can tomato puree
1 13.6 oz can coconut milk
5 cups water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tbsp organic cane sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups white rice
4 1/2 cups water
- Soak lentils for a few minutes. Rinse before placing in slow cooker.
- Chop the ginger, garlic and onion.
- Into the 7 QT Crock-Pot Cook & Carry Easy Clean Slow Cooker add the soaked lentils, ginger, garlic, onion, Thai red curry paste, coconut milk, tomato puree, water, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cane sugar, black pepper and salt.
- Stir everything around and then place the top on.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours. If you like the lentils to be extra thick cook it for longer.
- Before serving cook the white rice on the stove. Add rice and water to a pot. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and then add a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Prior to serving and once lentils are done make sure to taste it and adjust any flavors.
- When ready to serve add a large scoop of white rice and the lentils to a bowl. Squeeze with fresh lemon juice on top.
*this recipe and post has been sponsored by Crock-Pot®