Spinach and artichoke dip will always remind me of eating at a pubby restaurant with my family. It is so delicious and honestly, I never truly realized how easy it is to make. While it is filled with a lot of vegan dairy alternatives it tasted just like the real thing to me and I was so happy to be eating this.
First you are going to need canned artichoke hearts and frozen chopped spinach. Those two ingredients are obviously very vital to your spinach and artichoke dip. You can find canned artichoke hearts usually in the section of the grocery store by canned beans. I prefer using frozen spinach for this because it is more convenient but also has an overall better texture for the dip.
Normally I am all about trying to buy the cheaper option for dairy alternatives but for this recipe I am going to say don’t skimp. Since the dairy alternative aspect is pretty heavy in this recipe, if you have anything that doesn’t taste super great or has a weird consistency it will just result in a pretty undesirable dip. I will list out the brands I used in the recipe part down below, but keep in mind I am in the US.
Now you’ve created this incredible dip so what are you going to dip it with? My go to choice is either a really good cracker or bread. You can also serve vegetables like carrots, celery or peppers. You can use pita chips, pita bread or pretty much anything you want!
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
1 cup vegan cream cheese [8 oz] *Kite Hill
1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise [2.5 oz] *Sir Kensington’s
1/2 cup vegan sour cream [4 oz] *Tofutti
1 can artichoke hearts [15.5 oz]
1 1/4 cup frozen spinach [11 oz]
1/2 cup vegan parmesan [4 oz] *Follow Your Heart
1 cup vegan mozzarella [8 oz] *Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods 365 Brand
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C)
- Warm the spinach up by either microwaving it for 3-5 minutes or thawing it overnight.
- Mince the garlic and chop the artichoke hearts into quarters.
- Once the spinach is warmed up place it in a strainer. Using your hands with a paper towel squeeze the liquid out of the spinach. You can save this and add it to a juice or smoothie if you like.
- Into a bowl add the garlic, spinach, artichokes, vegan sour cream. vegan mayonnaise, vegan cream cheese, half of the vegan parmesan and half of the vegan mozzarella.
- Mix it all together and add salt and pepper to taste. I do feel this doesn’t need a lot of salt since there are many cheesy, salty components in here.
- Add the dip into an oven safe dish and spread it out to be smooth.
- On top add the remaining vegan parmesan and vegan mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minute and broil for 5 minutes to get it slightly browned on top.
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE SPINACH DIP
Save to Pinterest ❤
Plantifully Based is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!