These are a fun twist on enchiladas! Creamy buffalo sauce covers these rolled up tortillas that are filled with potatoes, chickpeas and peppers. Drizzled with some vegan ranch, buffalo sauce and topped with an easy vegan cheese sauce these are sure to be a hit.
I love enchiladas. They are easy to make, delicious and perfect to serve for family and friends. I do have a more classic version of enchiladas with a red sauce but I promise this version is just as amazing. You should know by now I love anything with buffalo sauce. It is spicy, tangy, tart and vinegary.
I wanted to keep these enchiladas soy free so the filling is simple. I love potatoes in enchiladas and chickpeas are a great source of fiber and protein. The bell pepper adds a surprising bit of sweetness that pairs really well with everything. The enchiladas are also topped with a cheese sauce that just adds to the whole comfort of this dish. However, if you don’t like vegan cheese you can keep it out this dish is very creamy all on it’s own.
If you are gluten free just use whatever tortillas work best for you. There are plenty of options out there such as brown rice, quinoa flour, chickpea flour tortillas and so much more. If you are nut free you can replace the cashews in the creamy buffalo sauce for white beans (equal amounts and no need to soak). Also, just a tip for buying cashews it is cheaper to buy the cashew pieces they are usually around $5.99-$6.99.
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp olive oil [15ml]
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
20 baby potatoes, chopped into quarters [285g]
1 bell pepper, chopped [200g]
Creamy Buffalo Sauce
1/2 cup buffalo sauce [120ml]
1 cup cashews [120g]
1 cup non-dairy milk [240ml]
Vegan Cheese Sauce
1 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds [112g]
1/2 cup non-dairy milk [120ml]
- Soak cashews overnight or boil for 20 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters. In a bowl add the potatoes, oil and seasonings. Mix together.
- In a large non-stick skillet add the potatoes and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Potatoes will be crispy and almost all the way cooked when done. They will finish cooking in the oven.
- While the potatoes cook preheat the oven to 375F (196C).
- Once cashews are soft drain and rinse.
- Into a high speed blender add the cashews, buffalo sauce and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth. This should be slightly runny as it is will thicken up while it cooks.
- Once the potatoes are done remove from the heat and add the chickpeas and chopped pepper. Mix everything together.
- To prepare the vegan cheese sauce add the ingredients into a small saucepan and cook on a low heat for 3-5 minutes. Cheese will melt and form a smooth sauce.
- In a large baking dish (9×13 is ideal) add about 1/4 cup of the creamy buffalo sauce to the bottom. Enough to coat the bottom this will help to ensure the enchiladas do not stick.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of filling into the tortilla. Place it to one side to form a long vertical log of filling. Roll the tortilla up and place it seam side down in the pan. Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Once all the enchiladas have been added to the dish. Cover with sauce. I like to leave about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of sauce for drizzling and dipping later. I highly suggest you do this if you plan on meal prepping as well.
- Spread the vegan cheese sauce over the top as well.
- Bake for 25 minutes until tortillas are golden and sauce has thickened.
- When they are done drizzle with vegan ranch, extra buffalo sauce and green onion.
Serves 4 (makes 8-10 enchiladas)
PDF PRINTABLE BUFFALO CHICKPEA ENCHILADAS
Save to Pinterest ❤
Plantifully Based is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!