Artichoke hearts are a covered in a light batter and breadcrumbs. They are then baked to be perfectly crispy and are served with a delicious aioli. These fun little appetizers are about to make your taste buds dance!
If I am being quite honest, I am not the biggest artichoke fan. I find it annoying that you have this giant vegetable and can only eat a tiny bit off of the leaf. BUT artichoke hearts are a complete game changer. They have great flavor, you can eat the whole thing and they have a bit of a meaty-like feel to them.
Canned artichoke hearts are easy to find in most grocery stores. Just look by the rest of the canned goods. Make sure for this recipe to only use canned artichoke hearts in water or the brine. Not the ones that come in oil because the oil will make the breading slide off.
The other component for this dish is the aioli. This dipping sauce is very easy to make you just need a few ingredients and it adds a nice creamy addition to the whole dish. I think this also goes great with a bit of lemon juice. These are definitely a very fun appetizer or snack.
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
Crispy Artichoke Hearts
2 14 oz cans of artichoke hearts [400g]
1/3 cup all purpose flour [40g]
*sub for gluten free flour or chickpea flour if necessary
1/4 cup non-dairy milk [60ml]
1/2 cup breadcrumbs of choice [80g]
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried parsley
Oil cooking spray
2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
1 lemon wedge
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt to taste
Pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425F (218C).
- Drain the liquid from the artichoke hearts. Pat the artichoke hearts dry and cut them into halves.
- Prepare the batter by mixing the flour and non-dairy milk together. Whisk together until smooth, this will be thin.
- Prepare the breadcrumbs by adding all the seasonings and mixing together.
- Dip the artichoke hearts into the batter. Drip off any excess batter and then roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Prepare the aioli by adding all ingredients into a bowl and mixing together.
- Once the artichokes are done let them cool for 2 minutes before eating.
Makes about 20
PDF PRINTABLE ARTICHOKE HEARTS
Save to Pinterest ❤
Plantifully Based is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!