This is dish inspired by Mediterranean and Greek flavors. A delicious seasoned tofu is paired with crispy chickpeas and kale. Served with a delicious lemon and garlic yogurt sauce and some high protein rice, this is sure to be a new favorite.
I was inspired to make this dish by one I originally saw from Half Baked Harvest. Even though she isn’t vegan I always love everything she makes. Once I saw hers I knew I had to make my own variation. The flavors pair so wonderfully together and the dish is very easy to make. I love anything with crispy chickpeas they are so delicious. Combined with some tangy flavors and a bit of spice this is a very satisfying meal.
I decided to use RightRice in this bowl to amp up some of the protein. It is made with lentil flour and it is really delicious. You can always use orzo, couscous, quinoa or regular rice instead though. I really enjoy kale but if you don’t like it you can use zucchini or spinach with the chickpeas. It will be delicious and is still a great way you get your greens in.
The flavors in this dish work really well together. I think the flavors are perfect for summer because they are light and delicious but still satisfying. If you don’t like tofu you can use a vegan chicken or just leave it out and make a bigger portion of the chickpeas and kale. I love this for an easy dinner idea.
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
1/2 cup chickpeas (80g)
1 1/4 cup kale, chopped (45g)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Pinch red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt
4 ounces (115g) high protein tofu, cubed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cumim
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Crack of black pepper
Salt to taste
1/3 cup Right Rice
1/3 cup (about 3 ounces [90g]) vegan yogurt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Garnish with black sesame seeds and flakey sea salt
- In a medium nonstick fry pan pour in the oil along with the kale and chickpeas. Toss to coat in the oil. Season with garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook over medium high heat for 5 to 7 minutes until crispy and kale is tender. If you need to add a splash of water to help cook the kale. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Then spray the same pan with a bit of cooking spray. Place the tofu in and cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes until crispy. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Toss the tofu in the seasonings. Tofu should be golden when done.
- Prepare the RightRice according to package directions, similar to couscous.
- Prepare the lemon garlic yogurt by mixing the vegan yogurt, juice of the lemon, garlic powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- To assemble the dish spread the vegan yogurt sauce on the bottom of a dish. Top with the cooked RightRice, kale, chickpeas, and tofu. Garnish with black sesame seeds and the sea salt.
Makes 1 serving
Save to Pinterest
Plantifully Based is part of the Amazon Affiliate Partner Program. Links on here may be from Amazon and if you decide to purchase through a link I will receive a small commission. This helps to run the blog and make more recipes!