A delicious dish that is festive and pretty. These roasted veggies are tossed in lemon and oil, served with balsamic glaze and then topped with pomegranate seeds. It is truly a beautiful and elegant side dish.
This side dish is easy to make, filled with flavor and absolutely delicious. I love Brussel sprouts and broccoli because they are great for roasting and take on a lot of flavor. I am actually a bit of weirdo since I enjoy plain vegetables but I think the important part about making veggies a good side dish is to fill them with a lot of flavor. Just because it is an accompaniment to a meal doesn’t mean it should be lackluster.
The vegetables are roasted in an oil, lemon and seasonings to give it lots of flavor. There are also pieces of garlic that will help provide big bites of flavor throughout the dish. To make this dish even fancier and fun put a bit of balsamic glaze on the bottom of your dish. Then top it with the beautiful pomegranate seeds. This dish hits so many flavors and notes because it is tangy, sweet, and a little bit salty.
Want more recipes? Order my cookbook
Plantiful: Over 75 Vibrant Vegan Comfort Foods!
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
30 Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
5 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (about 100g or 1/2 pomegranate)
1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F (204°C).
- Peel the garlic and lightly smash it with the flat side of a knife, cut the cloves in half and place in a large bowl with the prepared Brussels and broccoli florets.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and the juice of 1 lemon. Mix together with a fork until well combined.
- Add half of the dressing over the veggies and toss to coat. Then add the remaining half and toss to coat.
- Place on a large baking sheet and spread out the vegetables so they have room to roast.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once they are done flip the vegetables around and broil on high for 3 minutes. This is optional, it will make the vegetables crispier and darken them.
- In your serving dish drizzle balsamic on the dish and then top with the vegetables, add the pomegranate seeds on top and enjoy.
SAVE TO PINTEREST