I absolutely love stuffing. Little tiny bread cubes that have soaked up lots of flavor yes sign me up! Now I am usually a traditional stuffing kind of girl, keep it very plain and just enjoy the simplicity of it. However, the addition of these roasted vegetables in here were amazing. Especially because the sweet potatoes create a nice salty/sweet effect.
So let’s talk about how to find vegan friendly stuffing. A lot of stuffings come in a turkey or chicken flavor and less than 2% of the flavors will come from chicken or turkey in it. So please be sure to read the box very carefully. The Pepperidge Farm herb seasoning mix is vegan friendly. If you want you can also make your own stuffing by just using stale bread and similar seasonings that are in the packet (sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper etc). It isn’t hard to make at all.
For my vegetables I went with Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and shallots. The combination of them in the stuffing was so incredibly delicious. You can really of course use any vegetables you like but I do think these were a pretty perfect combination. You could also top it with something fun and extra like craisins or walnuts.
*please do not repost or share my recipes or pictures without permission from me, thank you!
1 sweet potato, cubed
15 Brussel sprouts, cut in half
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1 tsp olive oil [5ml]
Crack of black pepper
Dash of salt
10 oz bread cubes
2 tbsp vegan butter [28g]
2 cups vegetable broth [480ml]
- Preheat oven to 450F (232C).
- Take the cut vegetables and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the stuffing add the vegan butter, vegetable broth and half of the seasoning packet to a large pan.
- Once the butter is melted down turn the heat off and add in the bread cubes.
- Remove from the heat and allow the bread cubes to soak up the liquid.
- Once the vegetables are done roasting add them to the stuffing.
- Mix together and enjoy!
Serves 3-4 people
PDF PRINTABLE RECIPE STUFFING
Save to Pinterest ❤