In case you haven’t realized by now I love comfort food. I am all about creamy, saucy, warming food but with a healthy twist. These chili cheese fries are made with Right Foods French Lentil Soup which is heathy and of course vegan. Using the lentils helps to speed up process of making the chili and tons of added nutrition benefits!
If you have been here for a while you know I really enjoy Right Foods products. They make my life a million times easier because they are quick to make. They are great on their own and great to add to dishes like this. The best part is that everything is vegan. They have a lot of gluten free products and everything is non-gmo. It is really great to be enjoy something like their ramen but know it is fueling my body with good, unprocessed ingredients!
Now let’s talk about these chili cheese fries. I love chili, especially this time of year. It is so warming and hearty. Top it with a delicious vegan cheese sauce made from veggies and place it on some fries and you have yourself one heck of a meal!
You can adjust the spiciness level to however much you like. I prefer a bit of a kick in my chili. Feel free to add any other vegetables you like or things that are maybe going bad in the fridge. It is a great way to use up any of those veggies and get ready to enjoy!
- Prepare your fries whether you are making them homemade or store-bought.
- Prepare chili by adding chopped peppers and onions to a pot. Cook in 1-2 tbsp of water on low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Then add the lentil soup, kidney beans, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat to simmer.
- Prepare cheese sauce by boiling the potatoes, cashews and carrots for 15 minutes.
- Then drain and add them into a blender with the nutritional yeast, salt and non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth.
- Once the fries are done cooking place them on a plate. Top with the chili and cheese sauce.
- Garnish with green onion, red onion and jalapeño.