This recipe has been created in collaboration with Right Foods, all opinions are my own.
An easy and delicious meal that comes together in about 40 minutes. This bowl is sure to satisfy and is filled with so many delicious flavors. Filled with black beans, grilled corn, brown rice, and delicious sweet potatoes this bowl is great for lunch or dinner.
This meal comes together relatively quickly with the help of Right Foods Black Bean and Lime Soup! This soup is so delicious and full of amazing flavor. Their products are so great for building recipes out of or to just enjoy for the ease and convenience. I also love that all of their products are plant-based and vegan friendly, healthy, and organic non-GMO. They also have a ton of gluten free products and low sodium soups. There is something for everyone. You can find their products at a bunch of places Whole Foods, Sprouts, Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Wegman’s and online too!
I love the combination of sweet potatoes and black beans. They pair so perfectly together and especially in this bowl with all the other flavors. The sweet potatoes are roasted with a bit of chili powder, maple syrup, and salt. Simple but so perfect. The black bean soup is paired with extra black beans just to add a little bit of extra texture and body the whole bowl. Topped off with a squeeze of lime juice, some jalapeno and red onion for a little extra kick!
These bowls are so easy to customize so feel free to add things like lettuce, salsa, hot sauce, crushed up tortilla chips, tomatoes or anything else you prefer. You will get two servings out of this recipe which makes it perfect for meal prep or sharing with a friend or loved one.
*Sharing direct links to pictures and recipes is highly encouraged. PLEASE DO NOT copy and paste my recipes or pictures to any social media without my permission. Thank you!
1 unit Right Foods Black Bean and Lime Soup
1 sweet potato, sliced
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup corn niblets
1 cup black beans
1/2 cup water, or more as needed
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 jalapeno, sliced
1/8 red onion, chopped
1 lime, cut into wedges
Fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F (212C).
- In a bowl place the sliced sweet potatoes and top with the maple syrup, chili powder, and salt. Toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet lined with paper and bake for 25 minutes, flip and then bake for 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the contents of the Right Foods black bean and lime soup in a medium pot along with the black beans, seasoning packet and water.Mix together and cook over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes until softened. Add more water if necessary if it is drying out too much.
- Add the corn into a medium nonstick frypan and cook over low heat until slightly browned and golden, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls divide the ingredients equally amongst two bowls and garnish with the jalapeño, red onion, lime, and parsley/cilantro.
Makes 2 serving