I am on a Thai red curry coconut kick. When I like something it usually turns into all I want to eat for a week. So last week I became obsessed with my Thai red curry coconut ramen and I thought why not put it on tofu. If you like these kinds of flavors you are going to go crazy for this!
You could put this sauce on anything you want: tempeh, chickpeas, cauliflower, broccoli and it will be delicious! I recently just discovered Thai red curry paste and I love it’s flavor along with the little bit of spiciness! Paired with the creamy coconut milk and it is just so good. It gives me total summer vibes.
I like use to the reduced fat coconut milk from Trader Joe’s but you can use full fat coconut milk of course. This recipe works best with firm or extra firm tofu, anything else will be too soft.
- Cut and press tofu into cubes.
- Pan fry in a non-stick pan on a low heat. If using a regular pan you can use a little bit of sesame oil to cook the tofu in.
- Cook the tofu for 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan and flipping the tofu every now and then. Sides will start to turn golden.
- While the tofu cooks make the sauce by adding coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, sesame oil, maple syrup and sesame oil into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together. If it is not smooth don’t worry once it cooks down it will form a uniform sauce.
- Pour the sauce into the tofu. There will be a lot of liquid. Cook on a medium heat until the sauce is basically gone. The tofu will absorb it and start to turn slightly dark brown on the outside.
- Once it is all cooked you can add in some green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
PRINTABLE PDF RECIPE
Save to Pinterest ❤