This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot but all views are my own.
Are you ready for one of your favorite holiday recipes? Twice baked sweet potatoes but the best part about these they are ready in about 45 minutes. To help speed up the cooking process I used my 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker. The pressure cooker function helped to cook my very large sweet potatoes in 22 minutes and the steam function melted my vegan cheese beautifully.
So let’s talk about pressure cooking. What is it? It is the process of cooking food at a high pressure and uses water in the cooking process. To pressure cook you seal the top lid so the pressure will build inside and cook your food much faster than a traditional cooking method. For example, it takes me anywhere from 50 minutes to an hour to cook sweet potatoes in the oven. In the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker it took me 22 minutes and I cooked 5 whole ones.
The best part about the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker is that because it is so large you can fit so much in there. I could have fit many more potatoes if I needed to. I was thinking about how amazing this would be if I had a family to cook for on Thanksgiving or Christmas. It would make my life so much easier. Another amazing function is the delay timer. So you can set up the food inside and then delay it to cook, which I think would be perfect for company. Especially to have your food come out warm and exactly how you want without having to worry about remembering to start an appliance or constantly check on it. I am amazed by all the functions and uses because it is both a pressure cooker and slow cooker. Also, always release pressure while keeping hands away from hot steam with the Easy Release Steam Dial. You can find the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker which is awesome because they have great sales and this is definitely worth the investment.
Now onto these these twice baked sweet potatoes and how delicious these were. I love a twice baked potato nothing beats the fluffy, mashed up inside. I decided to top it with some vegan bacon, vegan mozzarella and top it with some maple syrup and cinnamon. These have a total salty-sweet thing going on and it is amazing. If you are soy free just make sure the vegan bacon you use doesn’t have soy or omit it. This recipe is gluten free and nut free depending on the non-dairy milk and vegan butter you use.
5 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp vegan butter [28g]
1/8 cup grade A maple syrup [30ml]
1/2 cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened and no flavor [120ml]
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 strips vegan bacon
1/3 cup vegan mozzarella shreds
Salt to taste
Chives for garnish
- Clean and wash the sweet potatoes very well.
- Add the steamer rack to the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of water. Set pressure to high and timer for 22 minutes. RECIPE NOTE: I used very large sweet potatoes if you are using smaller sweet potatoes you can cook it for less time.
- After the potatoes are done cooking allow the vessel to come back to pressure before unlocking it. This will take around 10 minutes or until the bobber valve has dropped back. If you try to take the top off and it doesn’t twist it hasn’t returned back to normal pressure yet.
- While the potatoes cook in a skillet cook the vegan bacon according to the package directions.
- Once the vegan bacon is done cooking chop it up.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes using tongs and be careful as it will be very hot.
- Cut in half and allow to cool for 5 minutes before handling more.
- Once potatoes have cooled carefully scoop out the inside and place into a bowl leaving the outside skin intact so you can stuff them again. I like to leave a bit of the sweet potato inside for stability as well.
- Into the bowl add the vegan butter, maple syrup, non-dairy milk, salt and cinnamon. Mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Once the potatoes are mashed to your preference add in half of the vegan bacon and mix together. I like to save some for garnish on top.
- Then add the filling back into the sweet potatoes.
- Top with a bit vegan cheese and some vegan bacon.
- Place the stuffed potato back on the steamer rack in the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker. I was able to fit in 5 halves at at time as I didn’t want them to be too squished and easy to remove.
- Add 8 oz of water into the bottom of the 10 QT Crock-Pot Express Easy Steam Release Pressure Cooker on the steam mode and cook for 4 minutes.
- Once they are done cooking you can do a quick steam release by carefully opening the steam release valve on top. Do this with an oven mitt on your hand or tongs so you do not get burnt from the steam. Always release pressure while keeping hands away from hot steam with the Easy Release Steam Dial
- Take the potatoes out and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Then top with some extra cinnamon, a drizzle of maple syrup and chives.
*this post and recipe has been created in collaboration with Crock-Pot®
Makes 10 sweet potato halves
Save to Pinterest ❤