This post has been sponsored by Forks Over Knives but all views are my own.
Eating a vegan or plant-based diet can seem overwhelming. Trust me, I get it. I come from an Italian family and grew up eating more meatballs, chicken cutlets and mozzarella than you could imagine. So when I made the switch to a vegan diet in 2016 it was a big change. While I figured it out myself after a few months of trial and error, it would have been way easier if I had help along the way. The Forks Over Knives Meal Planner is a game-changer for new vegans, old vegans or anyone who is curious about a plant- based diet. The meal planner is easy to follow, sends you delicious meal plans and is customizable.
So what exactly is the Forks Over Knives mentality and what does the Forks Over Knives diet entail? Forks Over Knives was born out of the transformative power that whole-food, plant-based eating can have on health and well-being. It is centered on whole, unrefined or minimally refined plant foods and excludes or minimizes meat, dairy products, eggs, and highly refined foods such as bleached flour, refined sugar, and oil. So what does that boil down to? In a nutshell, eat foods that are going to fuel your body with nutrition.
Now I am sure your next thought is “I do not have time for that.” Well this beautiful Caesar salad from the Forks Over Knives Meal Planner took me all of 15 minutes to make and I got two servings from it. You answer a few questions and the meal planner will do all the work for you. It is extremely user friendly, simple to use and you get emails every week with your meals.
The Caesar salad was so delicious the dressing is cashew based and comes together very quickly. The original recipe called for kale but I substituted it for baby kale, baby spinach and romaine lettuce. That is what I loved about the Meal Planner it is easy to make simple swaps for what you can find in your store or to your preferences.
With 2020 right around the corner there is no better time to make the switch or at least try some more plant- based foods. You can sign up for the Forks Over Knives Meal Planner for free for the first 14 days. You do not need to put a credit card down or anything. Just try it out and see how you like it. It figures out meals for you based on what your preferences, how many people you need to feed and any allergies. The Forks Over Knives Meal Planner includes:
- Weekly meal plans with delicious whole-food, plant-based recipes that can be made in 35 minutes or less
- Chef-created meals, weekend meal prep guide, and dynamic grocery list are all designed to take the work out of what to shop, prep and cook every week
- New recipes added weekly, plus access to 1,000 additional exclusive, recipes
- Nut/soy/gluten-free versions of almost all recipes
- Still on the fence? Try the risk-free 14 day trial (no credit card required) at any time.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Subscriber-only Facebook group for questions and encouragement
No matter where you are in your plant-based journey, Forks Over Knives has worked with leading chefs, nutritionists, and other experts to create a variety of tools to help you adopt and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Their tools include a Meal Planner, Online Cooking Course, Recipe App, and other Resources like: Recipes, Books and Magazines.
- Each week, Forks Over Knives will send four emails full of recipes, tips, and inspiration:
- Saturday: “Plan and Prep” for the week ahead with hand-picked recipes.
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: Stay inspired, informed, and on track with helpful how-tos, must-read health and wellness articles, must-try recipes, and real-life success stories.
- Participants will receive their orientation emails on January 1, 2020, and the challenge officially begins on January 4, 2020.
With all of these amazing resources at your disposal, there is no better time to incorporate plant- based meals into your lifestyle. Whether you have been a vegan for years, new to it or just curious, these meals and plans are here to help you. I know I definitely get burnt out and fall into food ruts because sometimes I just do not have the mental capacity to think of another meal to eat. So start 2020 off on the right foot. Check out Forks Over Knives, the Forks Over Knives Meal Planner, Fresh Start 2020 Challenge, Plant Based Primer and the Plant-Based Pantry.